Crockpot OAMC Chicken Enchiladas
- Ready In:
- 2 lbs frozen chicken breasts
- 3 (10 ounce) cans red enchilada sauce
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) can chopped green chilies
- 10 flour tortillas
- 2 cups shredded cheese, divided
- Put the chicken, chopped green chilies and 1 can enchilada sauce in the crockpot. This will either cook in 4 hours on high or 8 hours on low depending on how much time you have. I've done it both ways.
- When its done, use a spoon to break up the chicken. It will just call apart into shredded chicken.
- Cooking it in the crockpot will have caused a lot of juice form. I drain that, but you don't have to.
- Put in one cup of cheese and stir, it will melt from the heat of the chicken.
- Spoon the chicken mixture evenly into the ten tortillas, roll and place in a baking dish seam down.
- Do this until you run out of tortillas.
- Cover the tortillas with the other two cans of enchilada sauce, paying special attention to the edges.
- Sprinkle the last cup of cheese on top.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 375 degrees.
- If you want to freeze half, line a baking dish with wax paper before you put the enchiladas in it, and then wrap and freeze. Once the enchiladas are solid, you can pull it out of the dish. Pull it out of the freezer the morning you want to have it for dinner.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm 26 years old, married, and I teach braille for a living. I love my job and I love my life. Its very important to me to sit down as a family and eat together at the end of the day, but I don't have a lot of time to cook, so I look for meals I can cook ahead and then serve quickly.