Crockpot Loaded Hash Browns
- Ready In:
- 9hrs 20mins
- 1 lb bulk pork sausage
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion (1 medium)
- 5 cups frozen diced hash brown potatoes
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese with jalapeno pepper (4 ounces)
- 1 small red sweet pepper, chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed Fiesta nacho cheese soup
- 1⁄4 cup water
- shredded monterey jack cheese with jalapeno pepper (optional)
- thinly sliced fresh jalapeno (optional)
- salsa, and (optional) or dairy sour cream (optional)
- In a large skillet, cook sausage and onion over medium heat until sausage is brown and onion is tender. Drain off fat.
- Line a 3-1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker with a plastic slow cooker liner. In prepared slow cooker, combine sausage mixture, hash browns, the 1 cup cheese, sweet pepper, and mushrooms. In a medium bowl, combine soup and the water. Pour over hash brown mixture in cooker; stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 8 to 9 hours or on high-heat setting for 4 to 4-1/2 hours. Stir before serving. If desired, top with additional cheese and sliced jalapenos. If desired, serve with salsa and/or sour cream.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I love to cook, but hate to measure ... so I pretty much guess at everything :) </p> 114807933"