Crockpot Cinnamon Roasted Almonds
photo by Bonnie G #2
- Ready In:
- 4hrs 10mins
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons pure vanilla extract
- 3 lbs whole raw almonds
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 cup water (does not go in until the last hour)
- Spray a 6-quart slow cooker bowl with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Add egg whites and vanilla to a large bowl. Whisk until frothy but not stiff. Add almonds and toss until they are all completely coated. Pour almonds into slow cooker. Add remaining ingredients (except the water) to slow cooker and stir with almonds until they are well coated.
- Set slow cooker to low temperature. Cover. Cook 4-5 hours, stirring occasionally (at least once an hour). After 3 hours add 1/4 cup water to slow cooker and stir well. Cover and cook for the last hour (or two), stirring occasionally. Almonds are done when the coating begins to harden.
- Spoon almonds onto parchment paper or silpat mats. Allow to dry. Serve and enjoy!
- NOTES: Recipe can be halved. If you prefer you divide these onto 2 cookies sheets and can toss these in the oven at 250°F for 45-55 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>As of 6-14-2013 DH will be completing his tour in Trinidad, which has been a wonderful adventure; and returning home to Dayton, WA. We'll miss all our friends and time there, but looking forward to enjoying home life on the ranch for awhile, while we see what the next adventure might bring.</p> 8726453"