Crockpot Cheesy Grits
- Ready In:
- 8hrs 20mins
- 3 cups quick-cooking grits
- 32 ounces chicken broth, - 2 boxes (Lower Sodium)
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules (Wyler's)
- 2 cups water
- 4 cups sharp cheddar cheese (I usually buy the shredded variety)
- 16 ounces mild sausage (1 roll)
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper (to taste)
- @ 10 pm - Brown the sausage and add the Cayenne Pepper to taste. I told like mine too spicy, so I sprinkle once around the pan. After sausage is browned, drain fat and put the sausage in frig until the morning. In the meantime, pour the two boxes of broth and 2 cups of water into crockpot (I always use a crockpot liner), immediately followed by two tsp of Wyler's Chicken Boullion granuales. Stir. Then add the 3 cups of grits. Stir again. Cover and cook on low overnight. @6 am, stir the grits -- it will be thick at this point and some will stick to bottom of crockpot. Stir to break up any lumps, add sausage and cheese, stir again. Keep on low until you leave the house. It takes me 30 mins to get to work, but they are still pipping hot when I get there.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!