Crocked Chicken Noodle Stoup
A crock pot cross between a stew and a soup. Will banish the dreary day blues. Add another can of chicken broth to make it soupier. Enjoy with homemade bread. YUM!
- Ready In:
- 3hrs 10mins
- 3 roasted cooked chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large celery rib, leaves and all, chopped
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can low sodium chicken broth
- 1.5 (10 3/4 ounce) soup cans water
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped broccoli or 1 1/2 cups asparagus
- 2 cups sliced carrots
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon rosemary
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 -6 ounces egg noodles, homemade, if available
- Heat skillet and melt butter over medium-high heat; add onion and celery and cook to soften.
- Combine all ingredients, except noodles and broccoli in crock pot.
- Cook on LOW for 5-6 hours or HIGH for 3-4. Turn to HIGH if on LOW setting.
- Add broccoli and noodles for last hour.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Very good! Good flavors and easy to make. I followed the directions almost exactly except that I used garlic salt instead of plain salt. Next time I will omit the broccoli. It was good with it, but the broccoli did not add to the dish. I only used one can of chicken broth and next time I will use two to make it more of like a soup.
Everyone gave this dish 5 stars. I did sub the water with chicken broth (because I love that stuff), and omitted the broccoli. Otherwise, I made as directed and soon discovered that this really wasn't even going to serve 3 people. I had to double the broth and add more chicken and noodles to get 5 servings. Yes, we are piggies and our serving sizes are a little larger than most. We all agreed that this goes into my favorites cookbook. Thank you!
I actually made this about a week ago and forgot to review it. I made this as directed except that I didn't use the crockpot. It was made on the stove top. This is a very, very good soup. I used broccoli and "No Yolks" noodles. With all of the fresh veggies and the broth you aren't even aware that it has canned soup in it, it just adds some body to the stock and good background flavor.