Crock Pot Zuppa Toscana
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Adapted for the crock pot and is always a favorite in our house!!!
- Ready In:
- 8hrs 20mins
- 1 lb Italian sausage (I use a mix of sweet and hot)
- 4 -6 russet potatoes, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup crispy cooked bacon
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 32 ounces chicken stock
- 1 bunch kale or 1 bunch swiss chard, chopped
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 2 tablespoons flour
- Brown sausage links in a sauté pan, then slice into rings.
- Place sausage, chicken broth, garlic, potatoes and onion in slow cooker.
- Add just enough water to cover the vegetables and meat.
- Cook on high 4-5 hours (low 6-8 hours) until potatoes are soft.
- 30 minutes before serving, mix flour into half and half to remove any lumps.
- Add half and half mixture and kale to the crock pot, stir.
- Cook on high 30 minutes or until broth thickens slightly.
- Add salt, pepper, and cayenne to taste.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION