Crock Pot Wino Chicken Stew
It's a crock pot version of my favorite recipe for poor man's stew. Through my early 20's I waited tables down south and I was very poor. I also drank a lot of cheap red wine..so this recipe was born.
- Ready In:
- 6hrs 20mins
- 1 roasting chicken, cut up
- 2 large carrots
- 1 large onion
- 2 large potatoes
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups red wine
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon flour (I like to brown the flour first in the oven to give it that roux-like flavor)
- Season your chicken with the salt and pepper and put into crock pot.
- Chop all of your veggies into medium size pieces and add to crock pot.
- Add your fresh thyme, bay leaf, and red wine.
- In a separate small mixing bowl whisk your flour in with your chicken broth. Add mixture to your crock pot, and lightly mix everything together.
- Let cook for 6-8 hours on low.
- It's really good served with fresh french bread and butter.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
It isn't fair to rate a recipe I haven't made. However, this one has been added to my Zaar Cookbook to try soon as the ingredients listed sound delightfully tasty in my opinion. Only because Tarragon is one of my favorite herbs to use with chicken I may substitute in place of Thyme (also a nice herb). Thank you for sharing. -PhylReply