Crock Pot Stuffed Cabbage
- Ready In:
- 8hrs 15mins
- 12 large cabbage leaves
- 1 lb lean ground beef or 1 lb lamb
- 1⁄2 cup cooked rice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 3⁄4 cup water
- Wash cabbage leaves. Boil 4 cups of water. Turn heat off and soak the leaves in the water for 5 minutes. Remove, drain and cool.
- Combine remaining ingredients except tomato paste and water. Place 2 Tablespoons of mixture on each leaf and roll firmly. Stack in the crock pot.
- Combine tomato paste and water and pour over stuffed cabbage.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I am a stay at home mom with 5 wonderful children. When I have time I love to scrapbook and journal. I also crochet and do cross-stitch and enjoy reading my Bible. Sometimes I am all into trying new things then other times I only want old standbys. I like to get veggies into my picky kids by sneaking them in where they were not expecting them. I've learned that its improtant to try new things 2 or 3 times before you can really consider it rejected. Sometimes the second time you offer it to them they will scarf it down, when the first time they barely got down the mandatory taste bite. Go figure.</p> 8725182"