Crock Pot Spicy Taco Soup
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 20mins
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons garlic (more if desired)
- 1 (15 ounce) can chili beans (Hot)
- 1 (16 ounce) can dark red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (11 ounce) can corn, rinsed and drained (or frozen)
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope taco seasoning mix (Hot and Spicy)
- 1 (16 ounce) jar salsa (Medium)
- 2 (15 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes with jalapenos
- 1 (15 ounce) can organic black beans with their juice
- 1 (14 ounce) can beef broth
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can refried beans (spicy)
- 2 tablespoons ranch dressing (I use Hidden Valley Light)
- Cook, meat, onions and garlic and drain.
- Add all ingredients to crock pot.
- Cook on high for 2 hours or low for 4 hours.
- Keep on low or warm until serving to keep hot.
I add the following garnishes:
- Sour Cream.
- Shredded Cheese.
- Chopped green onions.
- Tortilla chips.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This makes a very large pot of soup and it's very filling. I was not sure if you were to add the juice or rinse and drain the kidney beans, corn, and chickpeas so I just added the whole can. I used Recipe #135642 and Recipe #364833 in making this. Made during * Zaar World Tour 5* 2009 game for team *Genies of Gourmet*