Crock Pot Potato and Leek Soup (Vichyssoise)
I got the original recipe for this from Cooks.com. I love potato and leek soup and didn't want to spend the time watching this or heating up the kitchen so doing it in my crock pot was perfect. When this was finished cooking I pureed the soup. You don't have to do this if you don't want to, but this is the way I like it.
- Ready In:
- 4hrs 30mins
- 6 potatoes (I used the ones with the thin skin)
- 2 leeks
- 2 onions
- 1 carrot
- 1 stock celery
- 4 cups water
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 4 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 1 tablespoon parsley flakes
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 13 ounces evaporated milk
- chopped chives (for garnish)
- Cut all the above vegetables into bite size pieces.
- Put all the ingredients into the crock pot except the milk and chives.
- Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours. You could also cook this for 10-12 hours on low if you prefer.
- Stir in the milk during the last hour of cooking.
- Serve with chopped chives as a garnish.
- Bon Appetit.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
My family loved this...I made some changes based on what I had in the house. Used all cream of mushroom and left out the celery...next time I will not do this...I think the celery taste would improve it. I used chicken soup packets instead of bouillon cubes...that may have made it less salty because I think it could have used a bit more salt. Next time will check 1/2 hr before done and add salt if needed. Also used skimmed evaporated milk which was fine. Didn't puree...loved it 'chunky' but now I have a reason to get that immersion blender for my bday!Reply