Crock Pot Posole
- Ready In:
- 6hrs 30mins
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans hominy, drained
- 1 (7 ounce) can green chili peppers, undrained and chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb skinless chicken breast half, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can tomatoes with juice, undrained and cut up
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans low sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat sour cream
- Place hominy, chili peppers, onion, garlic, chicken, tomatoes, chicken broth, oregano, and cumin in your crock pot.
- Cover and cook on low setting for 5-6 hours or on high setting for 2 1/2 to 3 hours.
- Stir in cilantro.
- Garnish each serving with low-fat sour cream, if desired.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!