Crock Pot Pork & Bean Stew
A Jack Frost favorite is a pleasant change of pace from beef based stews. If you cannot find lima beans, go ahead and use peas. I have also put gremolata on it when serving.
- Ready In:
- 7hrs 45mins
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless pork, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 4 medium carrots, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 1⁄4 cups onions, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup celery, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup green bell pepper, thinly sliced (optional)
- 10 ounces frozen lima beans, thawed (optional)
- 29 ounces diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 3 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons basil
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 3⁄4 teaspoon pepper, to taste
- Brown pork in oil.
- Put slow cooker liner in crock pot.
- Put pork and vegetables in crock pot.
- In medium sized bowl put diced tomatoes, wine, tapioca, salt, brown sugar, basil, garlic, and pepper; and pour over pork/veggie mixture.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION