Crock Pot Pasta With Lentils and Chard
- Ready In:
- 7hrs 15mins
- 12 ounces swiss chard
- 1 cup lentils, rinsed, drained
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced, pressed your choice
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed, coarsely crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 2 cups water
- 12 ounces dry linguine
- 6 ounces neufchatel cheese, room temperature
- grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- Rinse and drain chard well. Trim off coarse stem ends; then cut stems crosswise into 1/4-inch-wide strips and set aside.
- Cover chard leaves and refrigerate.
- In a 3-quart or larger electric cooker, combine chard stems,lentils, onion, garlic, cumin seeds, red pepper flakes, and black pepper.
- Pour in water. Cover and cook at low setting until lentils are tender when mashed with a fork (6 to 7 hours).
- Cut chard leaves crosswise into 1/2-inch-wide strips; stir into cooker.
- Increase heat setting to high; cover and cook until chard is wilted and bright green (about 15 minutes more).
- Meanwhile, in a 5 to 6-quart pan, cook linguine in 3 quarts boiling water just until tender to bite (10 to 12 minutes); or cook according to package directions. Drain well, pour into a warm wide 4-quart bowl.
- Season lentil sauce to taste with salt.
- Add lentil sauce and Neufchatel cheese to linquine, mix lightly to coat well.
- Offer Parmesan cheese to add taste, if desired.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!