Crock Pot Mushroom Potatoes
I made this for our Christmas Eve buffet. Everyone loved them. Adapted from Quick Cooking.
- Ready In:
- 6hrs 25mins
- 7 medium potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) can mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup shredded colby-monterey jack cheese
- In a crock pot, layer half of the potatoes, onion, garlic, green onions, mushrooms, flour, salt, pepper and butter.
- Repeat layers and pour soup over the top.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until potatoes are tender.
- Sprinkle with cheese during the last 30 minutes of cooking time.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I am so undecided about this recipe! I tried them solely because they came from Quick Cooking, and I have never had anything bad from that magazine. But I had some problems with this recipe. First, I followed the directions exactly. To the letter. However, my potatoes were done in 3 1/4 hours and starting to burn, which was a problem since dinner was not for another 3 hours (I planned on the 6 hours the recipe stated). I switched them to warm and hoped they wouldn't burn further - no such luck, the edges were unsalvageable. Also, I very much liked the top layer of potatoes that had the soup and the cheese, but the bottom layer was kind of flavorless for me. I'm going to try these again at some point, but I'm going to try cubing the potatoes instead of slicing them, and I'm going to try mixing all ingredients together instead of layering them, saving the cheese for last as instructed. I may also try using fresh mushrooms instead of canned - some of the mushrooms got kind of rubbery depending on where they were located (top or bottom layer, inside or outside edge of crock, etc.).Reply