Crock-Pot Mulligatawny Soup
photo by agnotturno
- Ready In:
- 8hrs 30mins
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups canned diced tomatoes
- 1 small onion, fine chopped
- 1 large carrot, fine chopped
- 1 small peeled sweet potato, small cubed
- 1 bell pepper, fine chopped
- 3 boneless skinless chicken thighs, small cubed
- 1 large apple, peeled and small cubed
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- black grated pepper
- 1 1⁄2 - 2 whole cloves
- Place all in Crock-Pot and cook high 4 to 6 hours or on high for one hour and then low for 7 to 9 hours.
- It's done when vegetables are fully soft.
- Sometimes old crock pots don't put out enough heat to be finished by stated cooking times.
- When it's all done, take about two cups of it and put it in a blender and puree. Use a towel over the blender top and hold down firmly to avoid a hot splatter. In a few seconds its about the consistency of baby food.
- Stir it back into the soup. This really idealizes the broth of the soup without watering it down.
- Like a lot of things, I think this might be better on the second day.
- Note: other additions could be: chopped coriander, frozen thawed green peas, cubed white potatoes, diced turnips, diced zucchini.
- Yield: 6 to 8 servings.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!