Crock Pot Manhattan Clam Chowder
The original version of this recipe came from the BH&G "Simple Slow Cooker Recipes". I've changed it a bit to make it my own! It freezes beautifully by the way!
- Ready In:
- 4hrs 20mins
- 2 (6 1/2 ounce) cans clams
- 2 medium potatoes, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 1⁄2 cups spicy tomato juice or 1 1/2 cups vegetable juice
- 1 large diced onion
- 4 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 -5 sprigs fresh thyme
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Drain the clams (saving the juice) and put clams into the fridge.
- In a 3.5 or 4 quart slow cooker, combine clam liquid, potatoes, tomatoes, tomato juice, onion, celery, green pepper, bay leaf, and thyme.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8-10 hours, on HIGH for 4-5 hours.
- When potatoes are fork tender, turn off slow cooker and add clams. Let sit till clams are warmed through, about 10 minutes.
- Serve with crumbled bacon on top.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This was such a disappointment. I made the recipe exactly as written. It looked like the picture...So bland, couldn't taste the clams. Boyfriend did not like either. The flavor was not there.....I will never make again as it was costly and time consuming. I am trying to salvage by adding seasoning and small shell noodles to give it substance....and call it Clam Shells Italiano LOL!Reply