Crock-Pot Lemon Garlic Chicken
- Ready In:
- 5hrs 35mins
- 2 lbs chicken pieces
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- Rinse chicken and dry on paper towels.
- In a small bowl combine the oregano, salt, and pepper; sprinkle on chicken and pat inches.
- In a large skillet brown the chicken in the oil; transfer to crockpot when browned.
- Add water, lemon juice, and garlic to the skillet; bring to a boil and pour over chicken.
- Cook on low for 5 to 6 hours or on high for 2 1/2 to 3 hours.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This was tasty-- and resulted in tender chicken. My only change would be to omit the water. With the liquid from the lemon juice, and the juices from the chicken- no other liquid is needed. I ended up with chicken braising in the water/lemon juice. It would have been nice to have a lemon/garlic sauce out of the chicken juices at the end.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I just recently started getting more into cooking and baking. I love trying new recipes and being able to share some of the recipes that I really like! <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/IWasAdoptedfall08.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"> <img src="http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg271/MrsTeny/Permanent%20Collection/PACSpring09Participation.jpg"> <img src="http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg271/MrsTeny/Permanent%20Collection/PACSpring09Iwasadopted.jpg">