Crock Pot Lamb and Barley Stew
Lamb, barley and root vegetables are made for a slow cooker, blending their flavors into a delicious stew. This is another great recipe from the BHG Slow Cooker Recipes book.
- Ready In:
- 9hrs 15mins
- 1 lb lamb stew meat, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 large onion, large dice
- 1 large turnip, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 medium carrots, sliced 1/2 ", thick
- 3 (14 ounce) cans beef broth
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle dark beer
- 2⁄3 cup pearl barley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh parsley
- Place the meat, onion, turnips and carrots in the crock pot.
- Stir in the broth, beer, barley and all seasonings.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours.
- Stir in the parsley before serving.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation