Crock-Pot Italian Vegetable Soup
- Ready In:
- 9hrs 10mins
- 3 small carrots, sliced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 small potatoes, diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons dried basil (or use fresh)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (16 ounce) can red kidney beans, undrained
- 3 cups beef stock
- 14 1⁄2 ounces stewed tomatoes, with juice
- 1 cup cooked ham, diced
- Layer carrots, onions, potatoes, parsley, garlic, basil, salt, pepper and kidney beans in slow cooker.
- Do not stir.
- Add beef stock.
- Cover; cook on Low 8-9 hours, or on High 4 1/2-5 1/2 hours, until vegetables are tender.
- Turn slow cooker to high.
- Stir in tomatoes and ham.
- Cover and cook for 10-15 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live near Rochester NY with my husband and our 18-year-old cat, Fluffy. It's actually Fluffy's house, but he allows us to live here as long as we pamper him and feed him generously. Our daughter, Kree, whom some of you know from Zaar, is also living with us again while she begins a new business venture in real estate. She's the one who got me hooked on Zaar and taught me to try new recipes rather than stay in the cooking rut I was in. In my free time I like to take long rides or sit by the water, both of which I find very relaxing. I also like to do counted cross-stitch and read. I dabble in photography, always looking for that elusive 'perfect' shot. I did more cooking before I started working full-time, and plan to again when I retire (still years away, but dreaming).