Crock Pot Italian Chili
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
A different variation of chili that my family enjoys. Adapted from Simple and Delicious and modified for my families tastes.
- Ready In:
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 lb bulk Italian sausage
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄4 cup beef broth
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (16 ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- shredded mozzarella cheese (optional)
- In a large skillet, cook beef and sausage over medium heat until no longer pink.
- In crock pot, combine the tomatoes, tomato sauce, onion, red pepper, water, celery, broth, chili powder, Italian seasoning, sugar, garlic and salt.
- Drain beef mixture and add to the crock pot.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 hours or until vegetables are tender.
- Add the beans, mushrooms, and parsley.
- Cover and cook on high for 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Serve with cheese if desired.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
AWESOME ~ WONDERFUL ~ FABULOUS FLAVOR !!! I don't know what else to say ~ this was SOOOO very delicious. This recipe filled the house with a mouth-watering aroma the whole time it was cooking ~ couldn't wait to dig into it :) BTW ~ had to skip the mushrooms (personal preference), but other than that, made exactly as written, and used hot italian turkey sausage and grass-fed beef. I made this chili for a 'sister' get-together and served it with toasted sunflower-seed bread. Into the keeper cookbook with this one for sure !! Thanks bmcnichol, made for MY 3 CHEFS, November 2009!Reply