Crock Pot Hula Chicken
- Ready In:
- 4hrs 5mins
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried ginger
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts (can use frozen, see below)
- 1 (19 ounce) can pineapple chunks, reserve juice
- 2 cups baby carrots, cut in half
- Pour honey, soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic powder, ginger, bouillon and pineapple juice in the crock pot and stir.
- Lay chicken on bottom of pot and cover with carrots and pineapple chunks.
- Cook in your crock pot for 4-6 hours on low or 3-4 on high. If you are using frozen chicken breast, just add another hour on low or 1/2 hour on high.
- I actually like the thinner sauce for this one. A reviewer suggested thickening the sauce, so I will include CarrolJ's recommendation - after the meat, carrots and pineapple are removed, add 1/2 cup of water mixed with 4 Tablespoons of cornstarch. Then cook the sauce until thickened and smooth.
Join The Conversation