Crock Pot Goya (Bitter Melon)-Pork & Handama Wraps
photo by IOjaw
- Ready In:
- 8hrs 15mins
- 1 lb pork roast
- 3 large tomatoes, diced
- 1⁄2 bitter melon, gutted and diced (goya)
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried dried basil
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic paste
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 large bay leaf
- 1 (14 ounce) can tomato sauce
- flour tortilla
- okinawan spinach leaves (handama)
- Place pork on bottom of crock pot.
- Top with tomatoes, goya, onion, parsley, basil, cumin, cayenne, white pepper, soy sauce, garlic, tomato paste, bay leaf, and tomato sauce.
- Cover and cook on high for 6 - 8 hours.
- Strain about 2 tablespoons of goya-pork mixture with slotted spoon per tortilla (make sure to press out as much liquid as possible).
- Place on tortilla, top with 3 or 4 handama leaves, and roll.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!