Crock pot GARLIC GARLIC GARLIC Chicken!
photo by Pamela
- Ready In:
- 8hrs 15mins
- Place 1 sprig thyme, rosemary, sage and parsley in chicken cavity.
- Place celery in crock pot.
- Put chicken on top of celery.
- Pour chicken stock around the chicken.
- Add garlic around chicken.
- Chop remaining herbs. Sprinkle herbs, salt and pepper over chicken.
- Cover cook on Low 8- 10 hours or on High 4- 6 hours.
- To serve, place chicken, garlic and celery on serving platter.
- Squeeze roasted garlic out of skins onto toasted French bread slices and spread with knife.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This was good. We tend to like stronger flavours in our house. I used boneless skinless chicken breasts and cooked it on high for four hours. It would probably be better with boneless skinless thighs if I make it again. We don't eat whole chicken and especially chicken with skin on. The serving suggestion for French bread was spot on and actually our favourite part of the meal. The garlic spread was flavourful. I will try this again with thighs. Thanks for posting.
I only give 5 stars to recipes that I'll be making again! This was really good! It's going to be a great winter dish. The only thing I did different was to use skinless chicken pieces.Left one with the skin on and added sauteed onions.I used my electric roaster,will use the crockpot next time,late start!Thanks for the wonderful recipe!
OMG!!! This is the bomb! :) This is one of the best crock pot recipes I have ever made, if not one of the best chicken dishes by far. The only thing I changed, is that I used chicken breast instead of a whole chicken. I don't eat dark meat and I'm not a big fan of cleaning out the cavity of a whole chicken. Nevertheless, the chicken was so juicy and fell apart right in the crock pot as I was spooning it out to serve. I also used the garlic gloves to make garlic toast and a brown rice side dish.