Crock Pot Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This soup is really tasty and makes the house smell good.
- Ready In:
- 7hrs 15mins
- 1⁄2 cup diced carrot
- 1⁄4 cup diced celery
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushroom pieces
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked chicken (cut into 1 inch pieces)
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken with herbs soup, undiluted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup frozen peas
- 2 cups uncooked medium egg noodles
- 1 cup sour cream
- minced fresh parsley
- Put the 1st (11) ingredients in the crock-pot.
- Cook 6 hours on Low setting.
- Add frozen peas and noodles cook on Low setting 1 hour or until noodles are done.
- Stir in sour cream and garnish with parsley.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Made this today for supper on a cold, snowy November day. It was perfect comfort food! I had to use 4 cups chicken broth/4 cups beef broth as I didn't have enough chicken broth. I also didn't have marjoram, so used a sprinkle of poultry seasoning and rosemary. The house smelled great, and my whole family enjoyed the soup. It was great with some crusty French bread.Reply
My husband and I added diced potatoes to this soup because we aren't fans of onions and mushrooms, so it needed another vegetable. The potatoes worked well. We actually cut this recipe in half, and cooked it for the same amount of time which worked fine. Some more pasta might be a good idea and maybe next time I would add something for a thickener so the soup has a "creamier" texture to it. All in all it was a pretty good soup.Reply
see 2 more