Crock Pot Chicken with 40 Cloves of Garlic
- Ready In:
- 8hrs 15mins
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon rosemary
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sage
- 1⁄4 teaspoon parsley
- 40 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 - 4 1⁄2 lbs whole frying chickens, well rinsed
- 2 stalks celery, well rinsed and sliced
- 1 can chicken broth
- Mix herbs together and sprinkle on the inside and outside of the chicken.
- Place cut up celery on bottom of crockpot.
- Place approx.
- 15 garlic cloves inside chicken cavity.
- Place chicken on top of celery and place the rest of the garlic around chicken.
- Pour chicken broth on top of chicken.
- Cook on low for 8-10 hours or high for 4-6 hours.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I was not happy with this recipe. The garlic was just too overpowering for me, even the smell in the house got to be sickly. I also made the mistake of cooking carrots and potatoes with the chicken. Very bad idea. The vegetables absorbed the garlic and we could not eat them at all. The chicken itself was ok but it was just too garlicky for our taste buds.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I have a degree in Nutrition and Food Science and am very interested in trying new recipes. I ususally get cooking duties because I get home from work early enough to start dinner. But I definaly do not mind, especially since finding 'Zaar! The recipe on this website are simply outstanding and I love the ease of use that this website has. It has definaly become my favorite cooking website.