Crock Pot Chicken Pasta With Smoked Gouda
photo by Amber H.
- Ready In:
- 6hrs 15mins
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken tenders, boneless
- 2 small zucchini, halved and sliced 1/8-inch thick
- 1 (1 ounce) package chicken-flavored gravy mix
- 2 tablespoons water
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg, fresh if possible
- 8 ounces smoked gouda cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons evaporated milk (or light cream)
- 1 large tomatoes, chopped
- 4 cups cooked macaroni (or you may use small shell pasta)
- Cut chicken into 1-inch cubes; place in crockpot.
- Add zucchini, gravy mix, water, and seasoning.
- Cover and cook for 5 to 6 hours on low.
- Add smoked gouda cheese, milk or cream, and chopped tomato to the crockpot during the last 20 minutes, or while the macaroni is cooking.
- Prepare macaroni/pasta according to package directions.
- Stir in hot cooked macaroni.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I wish I could give this 100 stars. Easy to put together, tasty and very well-balanced. I didn't think I'd like it as much as I did. DH raved and he doesn't even like tomatoes! I doubled it and it's a good thing I did 'cause we ate 'til we nearly burst! One of the best recipes on the tour! Made for Daffy Daffodils ZWT4