Crock Pot Caramelized Whole Onions
Make up a bunch of caramelized onions at once and freeze them for later. This is so easy.
- Ready In:
- 24hrs 5mins
- You can use just about any kind of onion for this--Vidalia, Spanish, yellow--it's your choice.
- Slice the stem and root ends off each onion. Peel the onions, but leave them whole.
- Place onions and butter in crock pot and cook on low for anywhere from 12-36 hours. The onions will get deep golden brown and literally fall apart.
- Use right away or freeze for later.
- Suggested uses: in omelets, sandwiches, soups, casseroles, dips, pasta sauce, or alongside any grilled meat.
- Note: If your crock pot is big enough, you can double the amount of onions.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
see 6 more