Crock Pot All American Meatloaf
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This is a recipe that can be put together the night before and refrigerated.
- Ready In:
- 8hrs 25mins
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 2 cups breadcrumbs
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 slices cheddar cheese or 8 slices American cheese, cut into 16 strips
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients, except the cheese and tomato paste.
- Shape half of the meat mixture into a loaf.
- Arrange 8 cheese strips on the meat, and top with the remaining meat, pressing the edges together to make a seal.
- Place in the Crock-Pot.
- Top with the tomato paste and the remaining cheese slices.
- Cover; cook on Low for 6 to 8 hours on Low or on High for 3 to 4 hours.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
It was very difficult to come up with a rating for this recipe as I did not like it at all. But, my husband and brother mutually decided on the 3 stars for flavour. It was not at all pleasing to the eye - the cheese on top was all dried out & cracked. The meat looked dried out even though it was actually soft & mushy. The worst part was this custardy like stuff that formed around the meatloaf - I don't know if it was due to the cheese or the fat in the meat. It was also very difficult to get this out of the crockpot since it was so soft - I ended up using 2 spatulas and only lost a little bit of meat off the bottom.Reply
Becky, This was very good meat loaf,I never thought about meat loaf in the crockpot.I am crazy about my crockpot,so I tried this and am glad I did. I did use ketchup on top though,just because I love my meatloaf with ketchup.rnand I used Italian seasoned bread cubes,soaked in a little milk. Great Recipe,Thanks. Darlene Summers16Reply