Croatian Piglet (“odojak U Pecnici”)
photo by nitko
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 50mins
- Wash the piglet leg and salt it. DO NOT salt the skin.
- Cut the skin with sharp knife and make a “chess board” on it.
- Preheat oil in a pot. Pour HOT oil over the piglet skin and quickly put the piglet in hot oven (220°C).
- You bake piglet as follows: 1 kg = 1 hour.
- After 15 min reduce heat to 180°C and pour over piglet 1/3 of your beer.
- After approximately 1,5 hours pour over another 1/3 of your beer.
- About 20 minutes before it is done heat the over back to 220°C and pour over the piglet last 1/3 of your beer.
- Wondering around hot oven obviously requires more than half a litre of beer, so keep one for the piglet and three for you.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!