Croatian Old Time Veal and Baby Goat «pod Peku»
photo by nitko
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 40mins
- Take appropriate large pot and spread lard over the bottom.
- If meat is too large cut into few pieces, salt them and put into the pot.
- If you use potato, peel potato and cut into 1/8 parts, salt them and put under meat.
- Put spring onions, bay leaves, rosemary and peppercorn into the pot, pour olive oil over, cover with aluminum foil and bake on 200°C for 90 minutes.
- After 90 minutes uncover, see if meat is done, cut larger pieces into smaller and bake 30 to 50 more minutes.
- If you are doing real “peka” you will have to bake it covered, but using aluminum foil now you may decide to bake it uncovered. That will make meat crusty on top.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!