Croatian Fish “gregada”
This is very simple fish meal, also very rich and full. Usual lunch in Dalmatian families.
- Ready In:
- 700 g cod
- 3 garlic cloves, finely minced
- olive oil
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 glasses white wine
- 400 g potatoes, sliced
- ground pepper
- fresh parsley leaves, sliced
- For this meal you have to have large round pot with low rim.
- Prepare the potato: slice it in round thin pieces. Put it in a separate pot, cook until water starts to boil, cut the heat and leave it there.
- Put olive oil and garlic on heat and when starts to fry add fish sliced in pieces 3-6 cm large. DO NOT STIRR with any kind of ladle, just shake the whole pot.
- When fish starts to stick to pot add wine, salt, pepper, bay leaf and potato. Shake it well and add water to cover. Cook until potato is soft (15-20 min). At the end add parsley. Eat it with spoon.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION