Croatian Easter Cake (“pinca”)
photo by nitko
- Ready In:
- 3hrs 50mins
- Put into flour yeast package, sugar, salt, yolks, warm butter (about 35°C), and the same warm milk.
- Make dough out of it using hand first, and than hand mixer. At the very last add orange and lemon zest.
- Cover with cloth and put into warm place for about 90 minutes or until doubles in size.
- Take dough and put on board and knead dough ready for baking. Make 4 balls and put them together (2x2). Make cross on each ball with sharp knife.
- Put on warm place again and wait until doubles in size (about 45 minutes).
- Put dough into oven. Bake 45 minutes on 180°C
- After 25 minutes of baking put some scrambled raw eggs over dough and sprinkle crystal white sugar over dough.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!