Croatian Dalmatian Shrimp’s Chowder
This recipe is originally for “gamberi” (Italian) or “kozice” as we would say in Croatia. Preparation for both is the same, so let us follow shrimps recipe.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 1000 g shrimp
- 200 g potatoes (one potato)
- 200 g white fish (small, white, any kind for stock)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 100 g lemons, juice of
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley leaves (minced)
- 1 teaspoon pepper (black, grounded)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- Divide heads and tails from shrimps.
- Cook pealed potato with fish and head and shells of shrimps about 30 minutes (you can cut potato into pieces to fasten cooking). When done, remove shrimp shells, potato and fish from soup and drain the soup.
- Clean the fish and mix with potato. Make puree out of fish and potato. When done, put puree into drained fish stock. Let it boil for minute or two.
- Remove meat from shrimp tails and put them into soup. Add olive oil, lemon juice, parsley leaves and season with salt and pepper. Cook not more than 15 minutes. Serve hot.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Had this soup in Croatia recently at several restaurants and served it yesterday to 14 people that enjoyed it very much and asked for seconds. Next time I would make it with more garlic. I was a bit confused on where to get the liquid for the broth other than just the potatoes so added organic chicken broth.Reply