Croatian Cheese Pancakes
This is typical Northern Croatian desert. It can be frozen if you see you have it too much. Do not freeze after you bake them. As a desert I can recommend two pancakes. This recipe is for 18 small or 10 large pancakes.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 1⁄2 liter whole milk (3,2%fat)
- 1 cup flour
- 2 eggs
- 2 g salt
- 500 g fresh cow cheese
- 150 g sour cream
- 50 g sugar (white)
- 20 g raisins
- 20 g vanilla sugar (2 packages)
- 2 eggs (divide yolks and white)
- 300 g sour cream
- 10 g butter
- Make pancakes: mix milk, sugar, eggs and salt. If the mixture is too diluted add flour. Make pancakes and leave it until cool.
- Stuffing: mix well cheese, sour cream, yolks, sugar, and vanilla sugar.
- Soak raisins in plum brandy or rum until swell up (usually 2 hours). From egg white make “snow” and add into stuffing, and add raisins.
- Fill the pancakes and roll them making sure that stuffing won’t get out.
- Put pancakes in baking pan you’ve cover bottom with butter, pour over 300 g sour cream and put them into oven on 200°C for 20 minutes.
- If you bake frozen pancakes make it 25 minutes. Take them out, wait 2-5 minutes to cool and eat.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION