Croatian Cauliflower Soup
photo by nitko
- Ready In:
- Clean the cauliflower from green parts and cook it in water until it is soft.
- In the meantime, melt the butter in a pot (you will continue to cook soup), add flour and fry it just 1 min on easy fire (make “sauce veloutè”) add just a little cold water and stir gently to make a paste.
- When the cauliflower is soft, remove it from the water, but do not throw the water out – you will need it later.
- Put the cauliflower in strainer and strain the cauliflower through the strainer to make a paste. Save few flowers to put them later in a soup.
- When you strain all cauliflower, add some of the water you’ve been cooking in the cauliflower stir together add salt and pepper and cook for 20 more minutes. At the end, add parsley leaves and sour cream.
- To improve the meal make bread cubes: cut the 2 days old bread into small cubes and fry them in pan until they are crispy. Add them in a plate before pouring portions.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This is light, though satisfying. I wasn't sure how much of the water to add, maybe it is a matter of taste as to how thick you prefer it. Directions don't state when to add the flour paste, so I stirred it in at step 5 which was fine. (Sorry I didn't have parsley for the photo) I made croutons as suggested and it definately made the meal! This is a flavourful soup, thanks!