Croatian Apple Pie
photo by nitko
- Ready In:
- Make dough out of flour, breadcrumbs, and lemon rinds, sugar, baking powder, salt, and vanilla flavored sugar and melted butter.
- Mix everything in a bowl and at the end add egg yolks. Mix some more and add sour cream.
- Mix more until you get nice greasy dough. If it is too greasy you can add some more flour. When done, put into refrigerator for 2 hours.
- After 2 hours, put the dough out and work a little to make it softer. Cut ¼ of the dough and put aside.
- During this, peal the apples and grate them in a bowl. Don’t put sugar yet or apples will loose juice (put sugar last). During a day, assuming you have planned to make a pie, soak raisins in rum. When raisins get swelled put them into apples and add cinnamon. Be grateful with cinnamon. Now add sugar.
- Roll the rest of dough into ½ cm thin sheet. Cover the bottom of 28cm low rim cake pan with butter, and put onto it a dough sheet. Make sure that the rim is also covered with dough from inside.
- Pour apple stuffing on dough. Roll the rest of the dough into thin sheet and put over the apples making sure that it is covered.
- Poke 10 holes with a fork on the cover. Put the pie into preheated oven on 180°C and bake 30-40 minutes or until it gets light golden. Before serving sparkle with caster sugar.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!