Crispy Toasted Burrito
photo by katii
- Ready In:
- 1⁄4 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄3 cup corn kernel
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped onions
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 (10 inch) white corn tortillas
- 5 leaves lettuce
- 1⁄4 cup shredded tex-mex cheese (optional)
- Brown the ground beef in a pan over medium heat.
- Stir in corn kernels.
- Add tomato paste and tomato.
- Sprinkle in onion, chili powder, and garlic.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 10 minutes.
- Heat corn tortilla in the microwave for a few seconds to make more pliable.
- Line tortilla with lettuce leave, fully covering to ensure the burrito doesn't get soggy from the beef.
- Spoon beef mixture over lettuce and top with cheese if desired.
- Fold tortilla burrito-style and secure with toothpicks.
- Broil at 450* for about 10 minutes or until edges of tortilla are browned and hard to the touch.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Pretty bland. They do make a gluten free taco seasoning now. I would probably use that next time for better flavor. Also I might use a flavored jar of diced tomatoes rather than a chopped tomato and tomato paste. The toothpicks to be able to brown the outside are a must! Great idea just needs some tweeking. :)
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm an enthusiastic young chef who loves to experiment!! I love cooking because i have a multitude of food allergies including all nuts and some legumes, as well as celiac disease. Cooking allows me to enjoy the foods i love without worry! <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/adoptedspring08.jpg"> <img src="http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c105/jewelies/NewZealandFlax.jpg"> <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/IWasAdoptedfall08.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"> <img src="http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg271/MrsTeny/Permanent%20Collection/PACSpring09Participation.jpg"> <img src="http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg271/MrsTeny/Permanent%20Collection/PACSpring09Iwasadopted.jpg"> How I rate recipes: 5 star - WOW! This recipe was really good and exceeded my expectations. I made no or little changes to the recipe and will definitely make it again. 4 star - A very good recipe. I quite enjoyed it, but had to make a few changes here and there. All in all, it met my expectations. I will probably make it again. 3 star - An ok recipe. I liked it a bit, but had to make major changes. It may have a good flavour, but the texture was off or something. Usually I don't make three star recipes again. 2 star - I didn't enjoy this recipe. The flavour and texture was WAY off and so were the directions. I will not make this recipe again. 1 star - I don't give one stars! I think they are too mean!