Crispy Sweet Potato
- Ready In:
- 1⁄8 cup egg white
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 cup corn flakes or 1/2 cup crispy rice cereal, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon parsley flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried sweet basil leaves
- 3⁄4 lb sweet potato, with peel, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- Beat egg whites and garlic powder together in a small bowl.
- Combine crushed cereal, parsley, and basil in a pie plate.
- Dip each potato slice into egg mixture and then into cereal mixture.
- Cost well.
- Place slices on a lightly greased baking sheet and bake in a preheated 435* oven for 20 minutes.
- Turn slices over and bake for 10 more minutes until tender.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
I really liked these sweet potatoes, my family was less enthusiastic. My youngest was just diagnosed with the corn allergy and we can't have their sweet potato mash topped with marshmellows anymore. I made it GF with Barbara's Brown rice crispies. It will be served again and they just have to get used to it.