Crispy Spicy French Fries
- Ready In:
- 2 1⁄2 lbs potatoes, peeled
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon onion salt
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 cup water (or more)
- 1 cup vegetable oil, for frying
- Slice potatoes into French fries, and place into cold water so they won't turn brown while you prepare the oil.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- While the oil is heating, sift the flour and spices into a large bowl.
- Gradually stir in enough water so that the mixture can be drizzled from a spoon.
- Dip potato slices into the batter one at a time, and place in the hot oil so they are not touching at first.
- The fries must be placed into the skillet one at a time, or they will clump together.
- Fry until golden brown and crispy.
- Remove and drain on paper towels.
Join The Conversation