Crispy Shrimp Pasta for Two
- Ready In:
- 4 -5 ounces angel hair pasta, cooked al dente
- 3⁄4 lb raw shrimp, peeled, deveined and tails removed
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons flour (divided)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 1⁄4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cajun seasoning or 1/2 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- shredded parmesan cheese (optional)
- Sprinkle shrimp with salt, pepper and toss to combine. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon flour over the shrimp and toss to coat the shrimp. Repeat by sprinkling 1 more tablespoon flour and toss to evenly coat the shrimp.
- Melt butter and olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. When hot, add the shrimp in a single layer and cook on each side, flipping once, until golden brown, approximately 3-4 minutes per side. Remove to plate.
- Pour in the chicken broth. Cook for about 5 minutes, whisking the bottom of the pan to deglaze. Reduce heat to medium and pour in cream, whisking constantly. Cook sauce over medium heat until bubbly and the cream starts to thicken the mixture, about 5 minutes. Adjust seasonings as desired with cajun seasonings. If too thick, add a few tablespoons additional broth.
- Add the cooked pasta and shrimp to the sauce and stir to combine. Dust with parmesan, if desired.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm just me, mother, grandmother...friend to many and a Louisianian. My Cajun and French Quarter Italian descent afforded me exposure to some of the best of foods. My passions are my family, decorating, cooking and gardening. Those very passions push me into constant awareness with always looking for something new to delight the senses, thus my favorite idiom...Inspire me, puuuullllllleeeeeeease! ...and I mean it, too. God Bless America!