Crispy Oven Fries
These fries have crisp exterior, fluffy interior, and fresh taste.....minus the deep-fryer.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 4 russet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch-thick
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Adjust oven rack to lowest position and heat oven to 450 degrees.
- Place potatoes in bowl, wrap tightly with plastic, and microwave until translucent around edges, 3 to 5 minutes, shaking bowl to redistribute potatoes halfway through cooking. Transfer potatoes to cooling rack and thoroughly blot fry with paper towels.
- Coat rimmed baking sheet with 5 tablespoons oil. Transfer to oven and heat until just smoking, 5 to 7 minutes. Meanwhile, whisk remaining oil, cornstarch, and salt in large bowl. Add potatoes to bowl and toss to coat.
- Arrange in a single layer on hot baking sheet and bake until deep golden brown and crisp, 25 to 35 minutes, flipping potatoes half-way through cooking time. Transfer to paper towel-lined plate and blot with additional paper towels. Serve.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION