Crispy Olive & Herb Focaccia
- Stir the yeast into a large mixing bowl with the water & let proof for 10 minutes.
- Stir in the olive oil, rosemary, sage, olives & garlic. Using a wooden spoon, mix in the flours & salt & stir until the dough is thick & smooth.
- Knead by hand for 8 to 10 minutes until the dough is firm & elastic. Set the dough in a lightly oiled container, cover with plastic wrap & let rise until doubled.
- Turn the dough onto an oiled 10 1/2" X 15 1/2" baking pan & stretch it to fit. If it won't fit, let it rest for 10 minutes & try again.
- Cover with a towel & leave until it has half risen, about 30 minutes.
- 30 minutes before baking, preheat oven to 400F.
- Just before baking, dimple the top of the dough with your fingerti ps & sprinkle with some extra salt & 2 tsp of oil.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes until golden.
- Slide off baking sheet onto a rack & let cool for a few minutes before eating warm or at room temperature.
- VARIATION: Focaccia Dolce. Substitute 2 oz raisins & 1 oz pine nuts for the olives, herbs & garlic. Soak the raisins in warm water for 30 minutes before using & toast the pine nuts.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p><br /> <br />My most used and favorite cookbook is the 1946 edition of Fannie Farmer's Boston Cooking School handed down to me from my Mother. <br /> <br />My most favorite kitchen utensils are a set of Johnson & Wales knives given to me by my mother, a professional chef. <br /> <br />I enjoy traveling to exotic places, trying new foods and bringing home rare ingredients to expirement with. <br /> <br />I work fulltime as a lab technician for a local diagnostic center. In addition to that, during my free time I'm either at the gym, listening to music, tending to my herb garden and/or trying out new recipes & ideas in the kitchen. <br /> <br />I am a classically trained singer and musician, passionate about music. <br /> <br />My favourite thing to do is sit outside in my garden with my husband, a glass of wine, good food, music & a few good friends. <br /> <br /><img src=http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/DUCHESS13/World%20Tour/AnimatedHostChallengeBanner.gif alt= /> <img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/200_artistrichardneuman-art-prints_.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting /></p>