Crispy Lebanese Chicken
photo by David Hawkins
- Ready In:
- 24hrs 20mins
- Chicken should be bone in and skin on.
- Have ready some additional sea salt and lemon juice for seasoning.
- Using a sharp knife, you are going to increase the surface area of the chicken that will crisp in the pan. Make two vertical slices along either side of the bone (do not slice through the skin side) and pull meat away from bone so the chicken thigh lays flat. pan>.
- Mix together the remaining ingredients in a small bowl. Toss well with the chicken thighs in a large plastic bag or glass container. Marinade in refrigerator for 2 to 4 hours, or overnight. pan>.
- Grease bottom of large cast-iron skillet with a small amount of olive oil. Add chicken thighs, skin side down, to the pan and turn the heat to medium. pan>.
- Cook chicken thighs until golden and crisp on skin side (about 8 to 10 minutes) then flip and continue cooking until chicken is fully cooked (6 to 8 more minutes). pan>.
- Sprinkle with additional sea salt and lemon juice and serve with cauliflower rice, and Grain-Free Taboulleh and Roasted Root Vegetables with Garlic Sauce from The Healing Kitchen. pan.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Started washing dishes in restaurants (the Moose Lodge to be precise) at 13. Worked at a bunch of Long Island restaurants from 14 to 18, did salad prep, sous, breakfasts, line, short order and whatever role was open. Loved it, and kept cooking when I went into the Army at 18. By 22, stopped cooking for work, but still cook at home a lot. Now, I actually think I am a better cook than ever, and have even considered opening my own restaurant some day.