Crispy Garlic Chicken Cutlets
- Ready In:
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced, plus 6 more cloves peeled & smashed
- 6 thin boneless chicken cutlets (about 1 1/2 lbs)
- 3 slices high-quality white bread, torn into large pieces
- 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 3 large egg whites
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- salt & pepper
- Adjust oven rack to middle position and heat to 200º. Combine 3 Tblsp of the oil, minced garlic, and cutlets in a zip lock bag and refrigerate while preparing the remaining ingredients. Pulse the bread in a food processor until coarsely ground. Bake the breadcrumbs on a baking sheet until dry, about 20 minutes.
- Spread the flour in a shallow dish. In another shallow dish, whisk the egg whites until foamy. Combine the breadcrumbs, garlic powder, and cornstarch in a third shallow dish. Remove the cutlets from the bag and season with salt & pepper. One at a time, coat the cutlets lightly with flour, dip in the egg whites, and dredge in the crumbs, pressing to adhere. Place the cutlets on a wire rack set over a baking sheet and.
- let dry 5 minutes.
- Heat 1/2 cup of the oil and 3 of the smashed garlic cloves in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat until the garlic is lightly browned,
- about 4 minutes. Discard the garlic and fry 3 of the cutlets until crisp and deep golden, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer to a paper towel-.
- lined plate and place in the warm oven. Discard the oil, wipe out the skillet and repeat with remaining oil, garlic and cutlets. Serve.
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm a graphic artist, living in beautiful Fort Worth, TX. Next to my love of music, cooking and trying new recipes, I am involved in animal rescue. I currently have 2 rescued Brussels Griffons, 2 foster Griffs and 3 funny parrots. I maintain a store on Cafe Press to raise funds to pay for vet bills for our rescued Brussels Griffons. Please visit our store at http://cafepress.com/griffy_rescue or our main rescue site at http://brusselsgriffonrescue.org <img src="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v726/annacia/Permanent%20Banners/cc-banner-7-09.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"></a> <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/participantbannerzwt5.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"> <img src="http://www.recipezaar.com/members/home/79877/hklogosm.jpg"> ZWT5 was my first, and I loved it. We had a great team. <img src="http://www.recipezaar.com/members/home/79877/hkban.jpg"> My current ZWT5 team banner for the first leg. <img src="http://www.recipezaar.com/members/home/79877/HKBIKE2.jpg"> We started out nice! A Hell's Kitchen Angel's graphic I made for our second leg. Things started to heat up! <img src="http://www.recipezaar.com/members/home/79877/hkbanknives.jpg"> By the end, we were HOT! The banner for our last leg with all our team members! What a blast! <img src="http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg271/MrsTeny/Permanent%20Collection/PACSpring09Iwasadopted.jpg"><img src="http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg271/MrsTeny/Permanent%20Collection/PACSpring09Participation.jpg"> <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/IWasAdoptedfall08.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"> <img src="http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a132/tgifford/Game%20Room%20Banners/AM%20Banners/potluckpbanner.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"><img src="http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj81/HokiesLady65/Recipezaar%20Album/iplaytagin.jpg"> <img src="http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r317/j_welcome/pics2/food/PRMRcopy.jpg">