Crispy Eggplant (Aubergine) Fingers
- Ready In:
- 1 medium eggplant
- 2⁄3 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt or 1/2 teaspoon salt substitute
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- olive oil or vegetable oil
- Peel eggplant, cut into finger-size strips.
- Combine next 5 ingredients, stir well.
- Roll eggplant strips in breadcrumb mixture, dip in egg mixture, and roll again in breadcrumbs.
- Fry in hot oil 375 degrees until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Serve with your favorite warm marinara sauce.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
It's farmers market season and I needed a recipe for eggplant. Wanted to do something different than the same old same. Since I was also doing lamb this was right up my alley. Followed the recipe to the letter, well almost. The only thing I did different was to coat them in cornstarch prior to the egg and breadcrumbs. This went well with my middle eastern burger and fries i.e. lamb burger and eggplant fries. They were good and I would make them again.