Crispy Crusted Tilapia
- Ready In:
- 1 cup tomatoes, seeded, chopped
- 1 cup leek, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 4 (6 ounce) tilapia fillets
- 1⁄2 cup coarse breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup plain potato chips, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon scallion, thinly sliced
- lemon wedge
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Combine first four ingredients in a bowl. Spread on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray.
- Arrange fillets on top of vegetables; season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Combine crumbs and next four ingredients; toss with melted butter. Divide crumb mixture evenly over each fillet, pressing into the fish. Bake 20 minutes, or until fillets flake easily when tested with a fork.
- Sprinkle with scallion and serve with lemon wedges.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
A unique treatment of tilapia that pleased our tastebuds. We loved the unexpected bite of cayenne. I omitted the bell peppers (personal taste) but otherwise made as written. Cooking time was perfect to soften the leek and cook the fish. The veggie layer plus the topping kept the fish very moist. Thanks for sharing your recipe!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm a school social worker and I absolutely love my job. Even though I love my job, it can be very stressful at times--so comfort foods are a staple in my diet! I enjoy yoga, reading and counted cross stitch. I was introduced to RecipeZaar by my new next door neighbor and friend, Cindy, who is a gourmet cook and quintessential hostess.