Crispy Cheddar-Parmesan Chicken Breast
photo by Cook4_6
- Ready In:
8 chicken breasts
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 118.29 ml finely crushed corn flakes (measured 1/2 cup after crushing)
- 118.29 ml shake & bake chicken coating mix (use Southern Fried or regular flavor)
- 177.44 ml grated parmesan cheese
- 78.78 ml finely grated cheddar cheese
- 118.29 ml melted butter (a little more butter may be needed)
- 4.92 ml garlic powder
- seasoning salt (to taste)
- fresh ground black pepper (to taste)
- Set oven to 350 degrees F.
- Set oven rack to lowest position.
- Grease a medium jelly-roll pan (or a baking pan large enough to hold the chicken).
- In a shallow dish combine the crushed cornflake crumbs with the Shake & Bake chicken coating mix, Parmesan cheese and grated cheddar cheese.
- In a bowl combine the melted butter with garlic powder.
- Dip each breast firstly in melted butter. then coat in the cornflake mixture.
- Place on the baking sheet.
- Season the top of each breast with a little seasoned salt and ground black pepper.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until chicken is just cooked through (baking time should be no more than 35 minutes).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I made this for the first time for my family, everyone enjoyed it! My three year old ate a half a breast (the breasts were giant) and loved the breading! My parents liked the twist of adding cheese to the breading. Would recommend this recipe for anyone looking for a tasty, quick, chicken recipe with a little pizzaz! I used 6 large breasts and had just enough coating to make them with this recipe.
My 4 year-old said yumalicious to this one! All 4 kids and hubby asked for seconds on this dish -- so it is moving to the permanent cookbook! I pounded the chicken to about 1/2 inch thickness and cooked at 350 regular oven for 15 minutes and then on speed bake for 15 minutes and it crisped up wonderfully! Thanks Kittencal for a fabulous baked chicken!
see 2 more reviews