Criadillas Rebozadas - Battered Bull Fries
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
A famous Andalucian recipe pronounced cree-a-DEE-ahs. Serve these crispy, golden gems with lemon wedges. Small portions may be served as tapas. Cooking time is approximate.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 1 lb bull testicles
- 2 lemons, juice of
- 1 egg, beaten
- olive oil, for frying (about 1/4-inch in the frying pan)
- Rinse the fries and soak in acidulated water (water with lemon juice added) for an hour to remove the blood.
- Remove from water; remove and discard the surrounding membrane and drizzle with lemon juice.
- Place in a metal sieve or colander; scald in a pan of boiling water briefly (about half a minute), then remove and dry.
- Slice the fries into 1/4" fillets and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Coat the fries in flour; then dip in egg and finally roll in breadcrumbs.
- Preheat oil to 375F and cook fries in hot oil until golden brown.
- Serve immediately.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION