Crescent Pinwheels (From Pillsbury)
A delicious Mediterranean pastry
- Ready In:
- 1 (8 ounce) can Pillsbury Refrigerated Crescent Dinner Rolls
- 1⁄2 lb prosciutto (or cooked ham, thinly sliced)
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (or vegetable oil0)
- 6 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Spray cookie sheets with nonstick cooking spray.
- Separate dough into 4 rectangles; place on lightly floured surface.
- Firmly press perforations to seal.
- Press or roll each to form 8x5-inch rectangle.
- Arrange 1/4 of prosciutto slices evenly over each rectangle.
- In small bowl, combine cheese, pepper and oil; mix well.
- Sprinkle mixture evenly over prosciutto on each rectangle.
- Sprinkle with basil.
- Starting at short side of each rectangle, roll up; seal long edges.
- With serrated knife, cut each roll into 5 slices.
- Place, cut side up, on sprayed cookie sheets.
- Bake at 375 degrees F. for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from cookie sheets. Serve warm.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
This was astonishingly rich, and took about 15 minutes, start to finish (5 minutes prep, and 10 minutes in my convection oven).<br/><br/>Recommended changes:<br/><br/>--For us, 4 ounces of feta ended up being too much (both in terms of richness, and in terms of consistency... the rolls were a little to apt to disintegrate). I will use less feta next time, and I will break up the larger chunks, too.<br/>--If you don't have fresh basil, dried + a shot of garlic powder seemed to do the trick.<br/>--We did half prosciutto and half pepperoni, and liked both.