photo by gemini08
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄4 - 1 1⁄2 cups whole milk (310 - 375 ml)
- 3 eggs
- 4 teaspoons melted butter, plus (60ml)
- 1⁄2 cup butter (125 ml)
- 1⁄2 cup flour (125ml)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (2ml)
- 1⁄3 cup sugar (75ml)
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated orange rind
- 1 orange, juice of
- 1⁄4 cup orange-flavored liqueur (optional) or 1/4 cup orange extract
- orange slice (to garnish)
- For the batter: In a blender, combine milk, eggs and melted butter; cover and mix.
- Reduce to low speed and gradually add flour and salt; blend for one minute.
- Strain the batter through a sieve, cover and refrigerate for one hour.
- Spray a nonstick skillet with cooking spray, heat over medium heat.
- Pour a 1/4 cup (60ml) of batter into the pan. Lift and swirl pan to evenly cover entire surface; cook for one minute.
- Lift edge with a spatula to loosen and turn; cook 30 seconds more, repeat with remaining batter.
- To prepare sauce: Melt remaining 1/2 cup (125ml) butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, add sugar, orange peel and juice, simmer @ 2 minutes.
- Place crepes, one at the time, into sauce and turn to coat.
- Fold each crepe into quarters and place along the edge of the pan.
- Repeat with remaining crepes until the pan is filled with folded crepes.
- Add liqueur or extract.
- Carefully ignite pan with a match or lighter to flambe (optional).
- As soon as flame subsides, serve immediately. Garnish with orange slices.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I am originally from Austria, live in Florida since 1977. I love cooking and like to relax by reading cookbooks. <br />I am also a member of a cooking site in Austria and have posted many American and International dishes there. <br /><img src=http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j166/ZaarNicksMom/PACsticker-Adopted.jpg alt= /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/buddies.jpg alt= /></p>